Wednesday

[crochet] South Bay Shawl

I only brought a couple projects to work on during my California trip last month. I was able to finish this shawl:

South Bay Shawlette

Pattern: South Bay Shawlette (free pattern but you need a Lion Brand account to access)

Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light, two skeins in 'Filigree'

Hook: 3.0 mm

South Bay Shawlette

My edge is different from how it's written in the pattern. I should have been skipping stitches but I was single crocheting them instead. Apparently, in my mind "sk" is the same thing as "sc". By the time I finished and realized my mistake, I just went "Meh, I still like it. I'll get it right next time."

South Bay Shawlette

I made this shawl larger than what was written- it's an easy pattern to keep going on, to use up more yarn.

This yarn is wonderful (but I found one knot in one of the skeins)- very soft and fluid after a wash/block. The depth of colors is really amazing- this dyer is very talented. But be aware that something like this might happen:

South Bay Shawl

The 2nd skein is definitely darker than the first. It's not noticeable when the shawl is on but you might want to keep this in mind if you're going to make a sweater with this yarn; alternate skeins to get a better blend. There are no dye lots for this yarn.

2 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Your shawlette turned out beautifully, even with the color change! I've made this pattern several times. No matter what yarn you use, it always looks great!

LiLi said...

Wonderful! I have to try that pattern. Your yarn choice/color choice is great!